Saturday, September 19, 2009

19 Back to my girlhood


When I was little, my sister and I used to sit around for hours braiding and knotting little friendship bracelets. My mother would french braid our hair before a long, lovely day at the beach.
Now, embroidery floss is no longer for friendship bracelets, but for embroidery. I've learned how to french braid my own hair and my daughters after her bath. Funny how things change when you "grow up".
So how about some "grown up" Braiding? I came across a tutorial for this necklace this morning and thought I just had to give it a try. It came out well. I think I will try making one thinner and longer. I know some people LOVE the chunky jewelry thing. I never jumped in on that.
Anyways, all you do is cut 3 long peices of jersey fabric and braid them together! Give it a go!


2 comments:

a conscious life said...

Not sure that I like it as jewelry but it would look way cool as a handle for a purse or bag. :)

Gretchen said...

Thats what my sister said! So I did! I put a bag with a braided handle up in my store last night.

Im not crazy about it as jewelry either.. too bulky for me.