Thursday, June 18, 2009

Busy Busy Busy!

My plate is so full right now!


We are packing up the car and leaving for Tampa on Saturday. We will be gone for 2 weeks between Bryan's parents house and My parents house. It promises to be exhausting and fun at the same time! We have beach plans, boating plans, shopping plans, and party plans. Just trying to squeeze everything in before Bryan leaves in August.



^^^^My first trip to FT Bragg^^^^


We had an FRG (family Readiness Group) Meeting last night. This group provides information and support on a family level for soldiers and thier families. It was a little sad looking at the maps of where the are going. Talking about having POA's ready to go and why we sholdn't put "Half my heart is in Afghanistan" stickers on our cars. Due to OPSEC (Operation Security) I can't go into too much depth on my blog about all this, but just know that this deployment is coming up fast.




^^^^Right after we got married. ^^^^

On one hand, deployment will makes things easier. He will get paid more so we wont have to worry about our bills and we can save about $15k. On the other hand, it scarey. This time is different. Sometimes when the fear strikes me, I think about how he might not come home this time. How I would be able to let Layla know how wonderful her Daddy was, and go on with my life. Bryan has been my life since I was 16. I dont even know who I am without him. He's already in "mental lockdown mode" as we call it. He's focused on what he has to do and its kinda like talking to a rock.





^^^^ Bryan overseas last time^^^^
I have to stop writing about it... its making me upset. Please pray for him, if you would.



On a lighter, maybe heavier note... I have 5 loads of Laundry to fold today! AhHH! And I need to get the house cleaned, start packing, make some more bags to list while I'm gone. And.... The Giveaway ends tonight!!! I'm excited for that! All of you have left such lovely comments! Thank you!



OK then, guess I should get my butt in gear! Have a great day and check back tomorrow to find out who wins the giveaway!



-Gretchen

2 comments:

RoxyChic0529 said...

You guys are in my prayers! Enjoy your vacation too! ♥

Emily Ann said...

Y'all will be in my prayers, girl! I can't even imagine how hard it is but you'll be fine :)! Have a wonderful vacay!