Monday, May 11, 2009

What's Gretchen Working on now???


Anyone who knows me, sees that I dabble in just about anything crafty. Sewing, knitting, scrapboooking, jewelry-making. You name it I can, and most likely will, do it.


I get my ideas when I'm laying in bed at night. Thats why I keep a notebook next to the bed. I've found myself almost falling out of bed to get it in a hurry quite often lately. Here's something I had the idea for and just go finished.
I know, it looks a little rough around the edges. But I came up with it, planned the design, measured, measured some more. I cut the fabric, realized it was wrong, sewed the fabric, ripped some seams, broke some needles, and got it done!!
It's a bag. It's an organizer. It's the be all end all for art journalers. I can carry credit cards, notebooks, sketchbooks, planners, receipts colored pencils, markers, oh the list goes on and on. I made it so that I would be able to carry my sketchbook/ideabook everywhere, to be ready when inspiration strikes.

I'm not crazy about the colors, but its only a prototype. I may try again once I get over the frustration of this one. I like the trees though!!

Other things I'm working on: felt play food for Layla and Anthony. I make them with recycled post-consumer felt and hand sew everything. I just didnt like how it came out when I used the machine. I made 2 fabric covered wood bead bracelets yesterday... Maybe I should work on that some more. I also had an idea for something last night. I've been thinking long and hard about what I can make alot of, is fairly easy to make, and I can give each one its own personality. Maybe this will be it... I'll let you know after I get one made.

It's a rainy day here and I'm off to package up some things and maybe get some of this lingering MK skincare off my hands. See ya'll soon!!! Have a great day!

xoxo-Gretchen

1 comment:

missbmckay said...

It's crazy how much you're sounding like me in this blog! I'm a military wife as well. My brain and idea notebook is packed full of non-stop idea dreaming stuff!

I look forward to following your blog. Cute stuff in your store. I have 3 lil ones and one is nb so my time is limited this spring. I am going to put one of these together though. LOVE IT!

Happy Blogging!