Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Toddler Memory book! Yay!



So here it is... It took me awhile. I had to set up and design the pages in Microsoft Office. Then Print all the pages, making sure they lined up right (with a few oopsies). I didnt have a three hole punch so I did them all by hand with the the one hole punch I broke on grungeboard. That was not fun. Needless to say, I bought a three hole punch last night. Then I decorated, made a cover and put it all together.




The book covers from 18months to 5 years. I fugure, after 5, they should have a school album or something. Each year has entries for Birthday, playtime, favorite things, memories. Each year, I did a different "specialty page". For example, two year old gets a "potty training" and "terrible twos" section. Four years get a "things to accomplish before I turn Five" Checklist with things like playing in the mud and Escaping from the crib. The basics for every year are the same, but I switched it up a little for interest.

Total items used:
1 ream of multicolored cardstock.
1 stack of scrapbooking cardstock.
5 sheets of stickers.
1 book of rub-ons
1 KIA hole punch
All of my adhesive tabs
1 exact-o knife blade
1 three ring binder.
Fabric & thread.
1-12pack of Pepsi
1 bag of string cheese (thown to Layla over the baby gate)
and 1 big ugly blister from the corner rounder.


How does it look?? Hopefully good! Tell me the truth. Im a big girl! I need a fresh perspective, please!! The book is 20+ pages so I couldnt get them all on here. Sorry!






6 comments:

Valerie's Essentials said...

So cute! You did great!

UberArt said...

Very nice! Great job! Now you need a boy version for those of us who have little boys!

Gretchen said...

I'm working on the boy version tonight. I had to go get boy stuff! lol!

RoxyChic0529 said...

This memory book is so cute! what a great idea! the colors are fun and bright! you are so creative. i wish i had half that talent! Good work!

JoJoBeans said...

Here's the pictures. :)

I love it!

christinawirch said...

Can you post pics of the boy version?