Saturday, May 16, 2009

A New Adventure




When I was pregnant with my now 2-tear-old daughter Layla, I wanted a prenancy journal. Nothing fancy. Just somewhere to keep all of my belly pictures and write down what was going on in ym pregnancy life. I could never find exactly what I was looking for without it being cheesey. I never kept track of my pregnancy or kept up with the pictures. I regret it to this day. But it has given me the idea to make the journals.





This one took me three days to finish and I loved every minute of it. I remembered that I really do like scrapbooking. I may actually be able to make money doing what I love, instead of catering to what I think people on etsy want. I listed the book on Etsy yesterday and have 1o hits so far. Not alot, but itll get there, I hope. You can see more pictures of it at http://www.whitehopedesigns.etsy.com/





Now I'm onto making a toddler memory book for Layla. I realized that life doesnt end after that First Birthday party where most baby books end. I want some thing to record all the silly things she does (like locking us out of the house on the balcony) and how she grows. I initially was going to hand stamp all of the wording on all of the pages, but I've decided to print the wording onto cardstock and embellish from there. Printed pages arent personal, but I will make it personal with the decorations. I am going to put everything in a 3-ring binder and cover the binder with fabric and what-not. I'll let you know how it turns out!!





In other news, its the weekend. Bryan has a 4-day weekend although I wish he didnt! He acts like such a baby sometimes. Doing stupid stuff to get attention and when things dont go his way, I take a hit on my house-keeping skills. Sorry, I'm working to find myself in life and find what I'm here to do. Pardon me if I didnt vacuum today...uhhhh.





Hope you are off to a good start on your weekend. I've got some work to do...





Have a great day!!


-Gretchen

1 comment:

Valerie's Essentials said...

Great. I like that you can add pages. I like your details too.