Cut: Outer fabric 15x11 in.
1. Layer fabrics as follows: Lining facing up, zipper facing up and outer fabric facing down. Line up the faw edges of the fabrics and zipper and pin. Zipper Sandwich!!!!
1. Make a loop with outer fabric, face to face, match with other raw edge of zipper. Do the same with lining fabric. Match all raw edges making a zipper sandwich again. Lining and outer fabric will be separate loops (like Bunny ears!). Bottom of loops should match up. Trim at the top if neccessary.
2. Stitch the same as you did with the other zipper edge. If you are confused with this step, just play with the fabric and think logically about how the bag should look.3. Unzip bag all the way. Iron and top stitch again. This may take some finessing. Just GO SLOW and stitch carefully. End up with this...
Making the box!
1. Turn bag inside out again. Press edges.
2. On a corner at the bottom of the bag, fold to match the seam and the pressed edge. Measure 2.5 inches across the edge. Mark your line and stitch on that line. Try to keep the line as perpendicular to the seam as possible. This will make for a more squared bag.
3. Repeat on other bottom corner.
4. On the top corners you will be adding the handle. Before sewing the corner, add the handle FROM THE INSIDE of the bag. This will put them on the outside when you are finished. Sew the corners just as you did the others, back-stitching over the handle to make it strong.5. Cut the excess fabric off the corners between the tip and the seam about 1/4 in out.
6. Turn bag right side out and PRESTO!!! You have a cutesie bag!!!! Ready to hold your goodies and go anywhere!
I hope this has helped you make a really neat bag. If you have any questions, please ask! I will be more than happy to help! Have fun!!!