Thursday, April 23, 2009

Butterflies in my head...




I've got alot of things bouncing around in there. Plans, ideas, goals.

First of all, my Easter trip was terrible. I wish I had stayed home. We had a picnic with all of my family on Easter. It was hot and the kids were cranky and we really didnt get to spend much time together. We didnt even do an egg hunt! On top of that, my step-dad smashed Layla's $40 custom birthday cake with a gallon jug of sweet tea! OH the disfunction! I love my family, but you never know how "on the outside" you get when you dont live at home anymore.



Which leads me to my next point, I'm seriously considering not moving to GA when Bryan leaves. What's the point?? My mom works all the time. She wouldn't even stop to join us foro Layla's birthday party. Calen needs to work so all I would be doing there is watching the baby while she works. Same thing I do here, in a round about way. Only difference is that I dont have to waste money to move here. I can stay where I'm settled. I love my apartment, its very in tune with my chi and has a great sitting position. If they want to visit, they will have to take time out to come here. I can't waste a year waiting on them to stop working! UH!

Sorry about that venting, girls! I hate when my plans go up in smoke.





On to ideas! The fun part! I've been working on some zippered pouches to list. I got some really great fabric on sale so I guess thats what inspired me. My sister wants me to make her a bags to hide her money in. (Great, hiding money from her dumb-dumb fiance) Anyways, I dont like him very much so I'm thinking I will make her a pouch with a secret pocket. Problem is, I'm having trouble figuring out how to add a pocket that will be completely invisable to a man (boy). If you have any ideas, I'd love the help.


When I was little and we would visit my Noni, she would pull out a huge jar of buttons and we would seperate them by color and size. Now I collect buttons here and there and have decided to put them to use. I'm going to try to make fabric covered button earrings with my new fabric.

tricky.....

Goals, I'm working on listing one new item on Etsy everyday till the end of the month. Using only supplies I have. I'm running out of fun money, and Bryan is complaning we never go out. He wants to ride go-carts and got to movies and out to dinner. Get as much in before is has to leave in August for Afghanistan again. SO, the more I make, the more I sell, hopefully. I'm trying. No more money spending until I get something sold!










Well then, Layla needs to get out of bed and get on the potty....sigh... she's growing up too fast! On to pulls ups and princess underwear and soon, a big girl bed... someone pray for me!

No comments: